Bush Pepper Training by Lady Custodian of Nahorkutia Circle Estates
Date : 24.06.16
Venue : Nahorkutia T.E Crèche
Time : 4.00 PM to 6.00 PM
No. of Participants : 54 nos.
Lead Trainer : Mrs. Vijaya Sarmah assisted by the Pepper Mitra and the Pepper Core Team of NHK
Theme: SUSTINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (SDGs)
- Boost Female Entrepreneurship by training, support and access to markets and supply chains.
- Supporting the growth of micro-, small- and medium-sized enterprises among women-folk.
- A small audio-visual presentation was shown to the group followed by a practical demo.
- Mrs. Vijaya Sarmah spoke about the health benefits of using black pepper and its economic importance.
- How it can be easily made as a decorative plant as well as productive.
- She reiterated that each household can easily keep 2-3 or more bush pepper plants and enjoy the home-grown fresh black pepper.
- The participants were made into groups and were told to plant a bush pepper in the pots; “Learning by doing”.
- “Igniting Ideas in Young Minds” – Among the participants there were almost 25 nos of young girls group from a nearby school.
- Much enthusiasm would be seen from the girls group.
- Tea and snacks were given to all participants.
- To add more fun; a small lottery was organized. Each winner was given a prize consisting a pepper plant in an earthen pot along with a token gift.
- The 3 prize winners were selected by draw of lots; their names are as follows:
1. Miss. Lakhi Sahu (NHK)
2. Miss. Priya /Urang (NHK)
3. Miss. Pobina Guala (NHK)
Awareness have been generated from the previous trainings sessions given since last 2 years on the above subject.
As most of the staff member including Management Staff in estates have started keeping 2-3 bush pepper plants in their household and are getting fresh black pepper for their domestic use.
This is a positive sign.