Power Minister Mr. Pallab Lochan Das Visits Hathikuli Estate
- Power Minister Mr. Pallab Lochan Das Visits Hathikuli Estate
The Honorable Power Minister, Mr. Pallab Lochan Das, Government of Assam visited Hathikuli Estate on 31st August 2016. During the visit to the estate and his interaction with estate team , the Honorable Minister shared the below valuable comments :
At Rangajan Crèche-
- Very nice and well maintained crèche.
- Exemplary work done by the company.
- Impressed with the concept of organic kitchen garden maintained in the crèche.
- Appreciated the company’s efforts in front of the media personals present.
At Majline government school-
- Company’s commitment towards the society, beyond the purview of their business is highly commendable.
- Instructed the concerned authorities to provide adequate number of teachers.
- He also instructed his own officials to provide electrical connection to the school at the earliest.
AT Hathikuli Hospital-
- Never ever seen such Hospital and health care facilities in any tea estate.
- The facilities provided in this hospital are far superior to many of the private nursing homes.
- The hygiene and cleanliness is highly commendable.
- APPL is pioneer in providing tele medical service to its workers with the help of E- Medical center.
- The government is still considering the concept of E- Hospital in the remote places and he was pleasantly surprised to see and use this facility already in operation at Hathikuli.
- Other Tea Companies should take inspiration from APPL.
Canteen cum Conference hall-
- Impressed with the infrastructure and with the commitment of the company towards its shareholders.
- Even in towns like Bokakhat such facilities are not available.
- He was happy to see that the company is providing such high standard facilities to its workers.
- The presentation on the concept of eco and modular housing plan of the estate is something which is a new concept in the entire tea industry. And it is indeed the need of the future. He assures all possible help in this endeavor.
Here the officials who accompanied the minister were spell bounded by the facilities provided by a tea company to its workers. The circle officer Bokakhat had commented that whenever she has visited any garden, the manager always takes them to his Bungalow. But here it is completely opposite where the Manager takes pride in letting people visit the various estate facilities.
- He was impressed with the concept of equality, and the two identical worker’s and staff club inside the recreational center.
- He also appreciated the gym, and the library which is at per with any modern clubs located in the cities and towns.
- During the interaction with the worker he told that he has never seen any worker club this well maintained and facilities like 42” LED TV with Cable connection, and Computers with internet facilities.
- He also told the workers and the union leaders that they should consider themselves lucky to be working under the umbrella of APPL. And they should thrive for excellence personally and professionally with the help of these facilities.
Minister’s welcome to Hathikuli
Children welcome Minister to the Creche
At the Mandir in Recreation Centre
With Jhumer Dance Team and Mr. Kakati, SDO Bokakhat and ASP Golaghata
Canteen Visit : Presentation on Hathikuli Organic and Eco Housing to the Minister and Govt. Officials
Tele Medicine : Minister discussing his BP reading with Dr. S. Gagoi at Chubwa
Distributing fruits to patients.
Estate Medical Office Mrs. S. Chetia explaining medical facilities at Hathikuli Hospital
With Estate Management, Govt. Officials and Mrs. Chakraborty, Head Mistress of Govt. LP School