Born in 1954, and a graduate in Economics, Mr Warjri joined the Indian Foreign Services in 1978. His 35+ years of professional experience in the foreign services in different counties helped him develop the expertise in integrating organisation culture, mass interaction, investment promotion, trade promotion, publicity and political interaction and relationship management. Here is a brief snapshot of his role in the Indian Foreign Services –
- He was the First Secretary, Budapest and incharge of Commercial and Political work during 1984-87.
- First Secretary for Colombo after signing of India-Sri Lanka accord that kept the Indian Peace Keepng Force in Sri Lanka during 1987-90. Incharge of implementation of the Economic segment of the accord and rehabilitation of refugees working closely with UNHCR etc.
- He was deputed as Lok Sabha Secretary, Parliament where he worked closely with Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee as Chairman of Standing Committee on External Affairs in 1993-94
- As a Joint Secretary, MEA in 1998-99, he worked on promoting investment into India
- 1999-02 : Dep Consul General , New York . Worked closely with NYSE for listing of Indian companies , gave presentations on India at Harvard , MIT , UPEN etc .
- During 2002-06, as the Ambassador of India, Peru and accredited to Bolivia, he prromoted Indian IT and Pharmaceutical companies.
- He was the High Commissioner in Brunei Darussalam during 2007-10. He took the Sultan to India and got Brunei to invest in India. Also promoted Indian companies to invest in Brunei.
- He was Ambassador of India to Colombia and accredited to Ecuador and Costa Rica in 2010-14. He worked to promote trade and Indian companies to invest in Columbia. During his tenure trade with India went up by more than 3 times.